Thank you for your interest in the program. The program aims to get student’s exploring their local waterway through observing, testing and exploring. There is a limit of the number of schools we can currently support as part of the program.
As part of the program you get access to:
- A group monitoring kit
- Ability to record and explore data about waterways through an interactive portal
- How to guides
- Activities on key areas of the program including catchments, Aboriginal Culture and flora and fauna.
- Professional development session to help run the classroom activities
- Workshop one (Term 1) – Introduction to water science and recording data
- Workshop two (Term 3) – Discovering the world of water bugs.
We welcome applications from any school or youth group in the participating Catchment Management Authority (CMA) regions. Currently the following CMAs are participating; Corangamite CMA, North East CMA, North Central CMA, Wimmera CMA and Melbourne Water are also offering some aspects of the program. If you are unsure if you are in one of these regions please send us an email.
If you are a parent, volunteer or community member who would like to facilitate the River Detectives program please contact us directly.